OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it.
Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Material Planner who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
SUMMARY: Our team is looking for an energetic and dynamic Material Planner who will primarily be responsible for aiding Axiom’s Logistics Ground Operations and Integration team. This position will work onsite at our headquarters in Houston, TX.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the implementation of the Inventory Management System to ensure effective material planning and inventory management controls
- Support development and maintain inventory management and material planning processes, procedures, and work instructions
- Oversees and monitors shipment/delivery plans from suppliers to ensure timely and sufficient inventory levels
- Work closely with vendors and suppliers to obtain quotes, technical information, and lead times to support the technical teams with design and sustaining efforts
- Initialize and maintain the approved parts listing in the inventory management system
- Monitor inventory levels of consumables, materials and supplies to ensure adequate inventory is available and on-hand
- Perform usage rate analysis from material consumption data to adjust/establish re-order points within the inventory management system
- Preventatively identify and develop plans for limited life issues of stored consumables
- Identify and mitigate part obsolescence issues to reduce risks and project impacts
- Collaborate with the procurement department to initiate the Purchase Requisition process and subsequent acquisition process
- Coordinate with the technical teams for requirements, schedule, and potential logistical impacts
- Additional job duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field; or equivalent inventory management experience
- 5+ years’ experience in material planning or inventory management in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Inventory Management processes and systems
- Ability and experience communicating directly with stakeholders to elicit requirements, request information and/or support
- Demonstrated background working with multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills to meet tight deadlines and quality objectives
- Effective in small teamwork environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight
- Experience with performing/tracking duties pertaining to schedules
- Proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Equipment and Machines
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.