OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a Costpoint ERP Administrator to join our ERP/Finance team to provide value and excellence to our ERP and Business Systems.
SUMMARY: Our team is looking for a Deputy Costpoint ERP Administrator to support Costpoint 8.1 core financials and associated Materials, Time, Expense, and Business Intelligence modules. We are looking for an individual who will become a member of an integral team that is in the process of optimizing current functionality, implementing new Costpoint modules, and initialization of a corporate BI environment. This person will assist in the initialization, configuration, documentation, and training of Axiom staff in coordination with ERP and Finance leadership directives.
The Deputy Costpoint ERP Administrator will report to the Costpoint ERP Administrator with a dotted line relationship to the Change Management Manager. While Axiom Space is open to remote work for this position, there is a preference for someone who can make regular periodic trips to Axiom’s offices for purposes of facilitating collaboration in working on projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and revises processes to create efficiencies in planning, implementing, and establishing KPIs in the creation of projects throughout the organization. Additionally, create new ideas and tools to ensure that project work is quicker and more accurate, in alignment with our value of innovation.
- Actively builds social capital across the entire organization, allowing for courageous and difficult conversations with executives, peers, internal customers, and their own team demonstrating our competency of leading.
- Works proactively and effectively across divisions throughout the organization. Communicate across the organization to ensure that all voices are represented as projects are developed, demonstrating our value of together.
- Refines current project processes to ensure that stakeholders receive high-quality, error-free projects, in alignment with our value of integrity.
- Coordinates and ensures requirements are prepared and disseminated as requested; distribute project deliverables on time, within budget and at the required level of quality, demonstrating on our competency of organizational support.
- Develops and contributes information; communicate recommendations for improvements of organizational, structural, utilization, budget and other project components, demonstrating our competency of cost consciousness.
- Proactively solves problems with the cooperation of key stakeholders, demonstrating our competency of problem solving.
- Creates an environment of focus and accountability, by modeling our values and competencies, demonstrating ethics as a competency.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of documentation, including requirements, specifications, process flows and procedures and provide expertise and assistance to ensure all process are designed to meet Axiom company needs while addressing DCAA compliance, audit requirements and security practices.
- Ensures change control procedures and processes are followed in accordance with company policy.
- Assists in the evaluation, escalation, and resolution of defects with the suite of Deltek products.
- Evaluates scenarios, and work with user community to devise and execute various test plans including unit, system, regression, UAT and integration.
- Acts as functional SME for all Costpoint modules, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Project Setup, Cost and Revenue, Billing, Employee, labor, Payroll, Cost Pools, Fixed Assets, Procurement, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the front-end application screens, functions, and job processing and how they relate to the database tables and other applications, functions, and processes.
- Develops training material and deliver training in any Costpoint modules as applicable.
- Manages user setup, security, printing, file management, job management, and workflow for Deltek systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.**
Education & Experience
- 8+ years of progressively responsible financial analysis & reporting work, in addition to broad Enterprise Resource System (ERP) experience in a corporate office.
- Expertise in Costpoint (all modules), Time & Expense, and Cognos Reporting is required.
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with Cognos Reporting.
- Experience working on large scale projects is desirable.
- Experience with process and workflow documentation is required.
- Accounting knowledge is required.
- Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work, depending on the task.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Equipment and Machines
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
- Highly organized and detail oriented; able to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision, and make and communicate the rationale behind key decisions in a constantly evolving fast-paced work environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced level knowledge of the principals involved in supporting functionality and design of Costpoint.
- Significant experience with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
- Ability to independently analyze financial, budgetary, and forecasting data and identifies key variances, trends, and risks for management
- Strong project and time management skills with a high level of intuition and judgment.
- Must have a “can do” attitude – no job is too big or small, a problem solver.
- Ability to take on ownership of projects ad hoc and drive them from beginning to end.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Self-assured and energetic self-starter; proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to integrate quickly into a small team and represent the company with integrity.
- Professional, confident, driven, and dynamic.
- Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.